Lake Toxaway Property
Lake Toxaway Property
Families have been drawn to the breathtaking mountain vistas and crystal clear waters of Lake Toxaway since 1903 when the Fords, Edisons, and Rockefellers came by private railroad car.
Today, Lake Toxaway is a premier resort destination offering rentals and second homes in several unique communities featuring the state’s largest private lake, a country club, golf and tennis, great hiking and fishing. Homes and homesites are available on the lake, on the golf course, or on the mountain with dramatic mountain vistas. When you invest in Lake Toxaway property, you invest in your future. Let our team of Beverly Hanks brokers help you find the perfect property.
Lake Toxaway’s Best Homes Showcase
The Lake Toxaway community is located minutes from Highlands, Cashiers and Brevard and is an easy drive from Asheville, Atlanta and Greenville. Lake Toxaway is a place where Mother Nature displays some of her best work, twelve months a year.
- The lake covers 640 acres
- Shoreline: 14 miles
- Depth: 60 feet
- Water Source: Multiple free-flowing mountains
streams with the Toxaway River being the
- Elevation: 3,010 feet
- Recreation: Swimming, boating, skiing, sailing, fishing (no kite or jet skiing)
- Access: Private, Lake Toxaway Estate property owners only
- Size: 65 acres Shoreline: 2 miles
- Water Source: Toxaway River
- Recreation: Swimming, sailing, canoeing
(no gasoline-powered motors)
- Fish: rainbow trout
- Access: Property owners adjacent to Lake Cardinal
- Lake Toxaway Estates contains about 5,000 acres & is bounded by:
- Hawk Mountain
- Panthertail Mountain
- Cold Mountain
- Mt. Toxaway
- Several wilderness areas totaling over 10,000 acres adjoin the property
- Average daytime high in July: 75 degrees F.
- Average nighttime low in July: 55 degrees F.
- Average daytime high in January: 51 degrees F.
- Average nighttime low in January: 27 degrees F.
- Average annual snowfall: 15 inches
- Average annual rainfall: 65 inches
- Driest month: October
- 1100 homesites are included in the master plan.
- There are currently about 875 property owners.
- Approximately 700 homes have been built on Lake Toxaway property.
- Approximately 125 families are permanent
- Mt. Toxaway: 4,777 feet
- Ravenrock: 4,280 feet
- Cold Mountain: 4,640 feet
- Panthertail: 4,480 feet
- Little Panthertail: 3,800 feet
- Hawk Mountain: 3,320 feet
- Toxaway Falls: 350 feet high
- Deep Ford Falls: 75 feet high
- Little Deep Ford Falls: 100 feet high
- Raven Rock Falls: 80 feet high
- Mill Creek Falls
- Lake Activities
- 20,000 square-foot clubhouse and pro shop
- Fine dining and social programs
- MS Unit within Lake Toxaway development
- Toxaway Medical Center, 1 mile
- Area hospital in Brevard, 18 miles
- Regional medical centers in Asheville, 50 miles
- Helicopter ambulance available from Asheville
- Asheville – 1 hour
- Greenville/Spartanburg-1-1/2 hours
- Atlanta – 3 hour
DISTANCES (IN MILES)
- Asheville, N.C. – 50 miles
- Atlanta, GA. – 150 miles
- Charlotte, N.C. – 150 miles
- Columbia, S.C. – 167 miles
- Greenville, S.C. – 60 miles
- Knoxville, TN. – 140 miles