140 N Deer Ridge Court Mills River
November 8, 2015 | Billy Harris
Outstanding Location: within 8 miles of the Blue Ridge Parkway, The Arboretum, and near major roadways (I-26), Asheville Airport, Biltmore Park restaurants and shops. Location is directly in-between The Asheville, Hendersonville and Brevard Triangle. You experience a quiet, calm lifestyle and yet you can be near the action in the nearby towns when you desire it, very quickly.
Experience of being in nature, up against Pisgah National Forest on 2 sides, with a private cul-de-sac in the front. Very private, with large variety of bird species, including many Hummingbirds. Situated in such a way to feel that you are on many more acres even though you are only responsible for 1.23 acres due to surrounding land/forest topography.
Mountain views from the front of the house, and feeling nestled amongst the large trees of the forest. The experience of all 4 distinct seasons is dramatic from this house. Outstanding fall colors and four distinct seasons are experienced from the changes in the surroundings. From vibrant, dramatic fall colors, to full mountain views and gorgeous sunrises in winter/spring, to vibrant, green spring growth, to summer’s full shading forest trees.
(1) Master on the Main Level.
(2) Privacy, Serenity, Quiet, Calm, Peaceful and Great Birds and Wildlife Surround the property.
(3) Easy access into and out of the property and development (all good paved roads).
(4) Low maintenance, beautiful Asian-style Rock Garden that is walkable right at your doorstep.
(5) Sounds of nature while sleeping with the bedroom sliding glass door open at night.
(6) Nice, friendly, caring neighbors and active, organized POA.
(7) Seeing horses and mountains while driving or walking on your way in and out of the property.
(8) Being nestled and enveloped by the trees of the Pisgah National Forest.
(9) Extra large garage that holds more than 2 cars and is great for storage.
(10) Sitting in the 2nd Floor Loft Office area, working at the desk and being able to stare at the forest and mountains from the wide large 2nd Floor windows in several directions.
(11) Having a great exercise room and being able to work out from home, without driving to a gym.
(1) Custom Hunter Douglas Blinds and Shades Throughout the Home.
(2) Added Whole House Generac 20kw Generator in 2014.
(3) Added Custom Cabinetry to Garage with Workbench area.
(4) Added Custom Cabinetry/shelving to Living Room and extra cabinets in bathrooms.
(5) In-Wall Pet Door that can be closed.
(6) Carolina Closet: Custom Closet drawers and shelving.
(7) Added Screened Patio Area.
(8) Added Jetted Tub with Heater in Master Bathroom.
(9) Added Heater/Fan in Master Bathroom Ceiling.
(10) Emerson Fans in Living Room & Master Bedroom and Minka Air Fan on Patio upgrades in 2018.
(11) Whole House Surge Protection (protects against lightening strikes)
(12) Whole House Water Filter.
(13) Extensive Asian-styled Rock garden landscape additions, waterfall rock wall in rear; Dry Rock Riverbed Tributaries and excellent Drainage Added.
(14) Native Azaleas, Rhododendron, Maple Trees, Cherry Tree, Spruce Pines, Japanese Kousa and Weeping Red Bud Trees all added to Landscape.
(15) Custom Leathered Granite in Kitchen with Unique Granite built-in Sink.
(16) All Stainless Steel Appliances with Newer Samsung Quiet Modern Contemporary Refrigerator.
(17) LG Jumbo Washer/Dryer with Sink in Laundry Rm.
(18) All Bathrooms and Laundry have Granite Countertops.
(19) Poplar Exterior Trim Design is a Highlight on Front Elevation.
(20) Wide, Large A-Frame Windows offer outstanding views.
RENOVATIONS AND UPGRADES by Room:
*Added custom cabinet with built-in microwave and upper wine rack in 12/2013.
• Refrigerator Changed to Samsung Model in June 2015.
• New Garbage Disposal (evolution series) changed, in 2017.
• New Sink Faucet and Soap Dispenser changed, in 2017.
• Door/Drawer Hardware changed, in spring 2018.
*Master Bathroom: Added Whirlpool Jetted Tub with built-in heater 12/2013.
• Added Panasonic Ceiling Heater/Fan/Light to Master Bathroom 12/2013.
• Added Custom Matching Wall Cabinets to Master Bath, 1st FL and 2nd FL Bathrooms. 12/2013.
• Added Leaf Guards to All Gutters. 2014
• Added Snow Guards to Roof. 2015
HVAC (Heat Pump): Performed regular service maintenance for entire system.
Performed on 2-5-2019
Generator: Yearly regular service maintenance (last serviced on 5-27-2019)
• Extensive Landscape Additions including Rock Dry River Beds/Tributaries for Improved Drainage and Aesthetics in Front and Side. 2014 and 2015.
• Boulder Walls Added on Side, Rear and Front of House areas. 2015
• Landscape Islands, Sod and Native Trees and Shrubs Added. 2015
• Asian/Japanese Rock Garden with shrubs added. 2015.
• Screening Added to Side Patio. 2014
• Outdoor Patio Lighting & Ceiling Fan. Added 2018